Subject: Re: Compiling X clients with egcs-1.00
From: [email-masked]

15 Feb 1998 11:44:19 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked]

>   [email-masked]
>   Sun, 15 Feb 1998 05:41:12 GMT
>>   Arlindo da Silva ([email-masked])
>>Dear Kris,
>>
>>--- You wrote:
>>I try to compile a (very simple) X program on my NT machine. I've got the
>>cygnus distribution, ecgs-1.00, coolview, and the X11R6.3 (from Orlando da
>>Silva). The binary X programs run fine, but my own program doesn't. I get 2
>>possible behaviours:
>>- When linking with the dynamic link libraries from X11, a dialog box coming
>>up, saying that it can't find the ll dynamic link library in my path (and
>>indeed, I don't have any ll.dll anywhere)
>>- When linking with the static libraries (/usr/X11R6.2/lib/static) an
>>exception crash with the following dump:
>>---
>>and download the egcs-1.00 built X11R6.3 libraries. There is an
>>incompatibility between B18 and egcs-1.00 built libraries - you cannot link
>>egcs compiled code with B18 built libraries, either static or dynamic linking
>>won't work (although ld runs to completion without even a warning).
>
>Funny thing.  I get a similar error when compiling tkmc, the tcl/tk version
>of the Midnight Commander program (AKA CoolView).  The error message states
>that `L.DLL' is missing.  I started with a b18 system, downloaded the new
>egcs for cygwin, and got all the libraries from egcs into the cygwin direc-
>tories.

I redid the libtcl.a and libtk.a import libraries using the latest dlltool
and Borland impdef, and the `missing L.DLL' messages went away.  tkmc.exe
now works in all of its alpha glory.  Thanx.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".