Subject: Re: fork in win95 osr2 (NBY)
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

15 Feb 1998 06:52:28 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

Have you downloaded and installed the "coolview" updates?  Check out 
Sergey Okhapkin's page.  Be sure to read all of the instructions.

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/                  (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                    (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                   (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                     (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/     (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html           (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/    (Mumit Khan)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
ftp://ftp.deninc.com/pub (Den Internet Services - US mirror and ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)
http://rcw.home.ml.org/                  (Rob Warner - software ports)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/     (more - software portals)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/rpm   (Redhat Package Manager)

SEARCH ENGINES WITH gnu-win32 mail archive RELATED INDICIES:
http://www.findmail.com
http://www.search.com

add gnu-win32 or gnuwin32 to the search criteria.

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/                  (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                    (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                   (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                     (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/     (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html           (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/    (Mumit Khan)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
ftp://ftp.deninc.com/pub (Den Internet Services - US mirror and ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)
http://rcw.home.ml.org/                  (Rob Warner - software ports)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/     (more - software portals)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/rpm   (Redhat Package Manager)

SEARCH ENGINES WITH gnu-win32 mail archive RELATED INDICIES:
http://www.findmail.com
http://www.search.com

add gnu-win32 or gnuwin32 to the search criteria.

>From: "William Lau" <[email-masked]>
>To: <[email-masked]>
>Subject: fork in win95 osr2
>Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 13:20:49 +0800
>
>Hi all,
>    I've just installed b18 of the developer packaged and tried a 
simple =
>fork program in win95 osr 2 and win nt 4.0 SP3.=20
>the following is the code...
>
>#include <stdio.h>
>
>void main()
>{
> fork();
> printf("hello");
>}
>
>It worked fine on nt, but went cukoo with 95. The following is what 95 
=
>returned...
>
>C:\tmp>a
>hellohello(C:\TMP\A.EXE 1001) In cygwin_except_handler
>(C:\TMP\A.EXE 1001) Exception trapped!
>(C:\TMP\A.EXE 1001) exception C0000005 at BFF76F09
>(C:\TMP\A.EXE 1001) exception: ax 81602049 bx 0 cx 7E9F227F dx 0
>(C:\TMP\A.EXE 1001) exception: si 7E9F227F di 1000B8B3 bp 253F3A4 sp =
>253F360
>(C:\TMP\A.EXE 1001) exception is: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
>(C:\TMP\A.EXE 1001) Stack trace:
>(C:\TMP\A.EXE 1001) frame 0: sp =3D 0x253F178, pc =3D 0x1000CEC2
>(C:\TMP\A.EXE 1001) frame 1: sp =3D 0x253F194, pc =3D 0xBFF76780
>(C:\TMP\A.EXE 1001) frame 2: sp =3D 0x253F1B8, pc =3D 0xBFF858F3
>(C:\TMP\A.EXE 1001) frame 3: sp =3D 0x253F250, pc =3D 0xFFECBAD7
>(C:\TMP\A.EXE 1001) frame 4: sp =3D 0x253F3A4, pc =3D 0x10027BEA
>(C:\TMP\A.EXE 1001) frame 5: sp =3D 0x253F3B4, pc =3D 0x1000C223
>(C:\TMP\A.EXE 1001) frame 6: sp =3D 0x253F3C8, pc =3D 0x1002DFF3
>(C:\TMP\A.EXE 1001) frame 7: sp =3D 0x253F3DC, pc =3D 0x1000C108
>(C:\TMP\A.EXE 1001) frame 8: sp =3D 0x253FE0C, pc =3D 0x1000C113
>(C:\TMP\A.EXE 1001) frame 9: sp =3D 0x253FE18, pc =3D 0x4011BD
>(C:\TMP\A.EXE 1001) frame 10: sp =3D 0x253FE28, pc =3D 0x40103B
>(C:\TMP\A.EXE 1001) frame 11: sp =3D 0x253FE38, pc =3D 0xBFF88E93
>(C:\TMP\A.EXE 1001) frame 12: sp =3D 0x253FF78, pc =3D 0xBFF88D41
>(C:\TMP\A.EXE 1001) frame 13: sp =3D 0x253FFF4, pc =3D 0xBFF87759
>(C:\TMP\A.EXE 1001) frame 14: sp =3D 0x8164AB7C, pc =3D 0x3
>(C:\TMP\A.EXE 1001) In cygwin_except_handler
>(C:\TMP\A.EXE 1001) Error while dumping state (probably corrupted 
stack)
>
>Fork seems to work(managed to print 'twice'), but i dunno y it stuffs 
up =
>after.
>both these program were run on the same machine. is this a bug??
>any info/pinters will be greatly appreaciate.
>
>Cheers
>
>William
>

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".