Subject: Re: Compiling X clients with egcs-1.00
From: [email-masked]

14 Feb 1998 21:58:18 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked]

>   Arlindo da Silva ([email-masked])
>Dear Kris,
>
>--- You wrote:
>I try to compile a (very simple) X program on my NT machine. I've got the
>cygnus distribution, ecgs-1.00, coolview, and the X11R6.3 (from Orlando da
>Silva). The binary X programs run fine, but my own program doesn't. I get 2
>possible behaviours:
>- When linking with the dynamic link libraries from X11, a dialog box coming
>up, saying that it can't find the ll dynamic link library in my path (and
>indeed, I don't have any ll.dll anywhere)
>- When linking with the static libraries (/usr/X11R6.2/lib/static) an
>exception crash with the following dump:
>---
>and download the egcs-1.00 built X11R6.3 libraries. There is an
>incompatibility between B18 and egcs-1.00 built libraries - you cannot link
>egcs compiled code with B18 built libraries, either static or dynamic linking
>won't work (although ld runs to completion without even a warning).

Funny thing.  I get a similar error when compiling tkmc, the tcl/tk version
of the Midnight Commander program (AKA CoolView).  The error message states
that `L.DLL' is missing.  I started with a b18 system, downloaded the new
egcs for cygwin, and got all the libraries from egcs into the cygwin direc-
tories.  Is there a `correct' procedure for setting up things, or is just
copying over what comes with egcs enough?

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".