Subject: Re: compiling X programs (NBY)
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

14 Feb 1998 17:54:31 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

To remove the \r from the file:

mv file.c junkfile
tr -d "\r" < junkfile > file.c

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/                  (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                    (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                   (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                     (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/     (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html           (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/    (Mumit Khan)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
ftp://ftp.deninc.com/pub (Den Internet Services - US mirror and ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)
http://rcw.home.ml.org/                  (Rob Warner - software ports)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/     (more - software portals)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/rpm   (Redhat Package Manager)

SEARCH ENGINES WITH gnu-win32 mail archive RELATED INDICIES:
http://www.findmail.com
http://www.search.com

add gnu-win32 or gnuwin32 to the search criteria.

>From: "Kris Thielemans" <[email-masked]>
>To: <[email-masked]>
>Subject: compiling X programs
>Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 18:27:07 -0000
>
>Hi,
>
>I try to compile a (very simple) X program on my NT machine. I've got 
the
>cygnus distribution, ecgs-1.00, coolview, and the X11R6.3 (from Orlando 
da
>Silva). The binary X programs run fine, but my own program doesn't. I 
get 2
>possible behaviours:
>- When linking with the dynamic link libraries from X11, a dialog box 
coming
>up, saying that it can't find the ll dynamic link library in my path 
(and
>indeed, I don't have any ll.dll anywhere)
>- When linking with the static libraries (/usr/X11R6.2/lib/static) an
>exception crash with the following dump:
>(d:\kris\PPhead\test\display.exe 1539) In cygwin_except_handler exc 
C0000005
>at
>411C0E sp 24EED80
>(d:\kris\PPhead\test\display.exe 1539) Exception trapped!
>(d:\kris\PPhead\test\display.exe 1539) exception C0000005 at 411C0E
>(d:\kris\PPhead\test\display.exe 1539) exception: ax 0 bx 0 cx FFFFFFFF 
dx
>45E0E
>1
>(d:\kris\PPhead\test\display.exe 1539) exception: si 466208 di 1 bp 
24EED9C
>sp 2
>4EED80
>(d:\kris\PPhead\test\display.exe 1539) exception is: 
STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
>(d:\kris\PPhead\test\display.exe 1539) Stack trace:
>(d:\kris\PPhead\test\display.exe 1539) frame 0: sp = 0x24EEBB4, pc =
>0x10007BB2
>(d:\kris\PPhead\test\display.exe 1539) frame 1: sp = 0x24EEBD0, pc =
>0x77F94512
>(d:\kris\PPhead\test\display.exe 1539) frame 2: sp = 0x24EEBF4, pc =
>0x77F88EEB
>(d:\kris\PPhead\test\display.exe 1539) frame 3: sp = 0x24EEC80, pc =
>0x77F76266
>(d:\kris\PPhead\test\display.exe 1539) frame 4: sp = 0x24EED9C, pc =
>0x412016
>(d:\kris\PPhead\test\display.exe 1539) frame 5: sp = 0x24EEDC0, pc =
>0x4120C2
>(d:\kris\PPhead\test\display.exe 1539) frame 6: sp = 0x24EEDD0, pc =
>0x410EC4
>(d:\kris\PPhead\test\display.exe 1539) frame 7: sp = 0x24EEEA4, pc =
>0x407179
>(d:\kris\PPhead\test\display.exe 1539) frame 8: sp = 0x24EEF9C, pc =
>0x4035BB
>(d:\kris\PPhead\test\display.exe 1539) frame 9: sp = 0x24EF03C, pc =
>0x4611BB
>(d:\kris\PPhead\test\display.exe 1539) frame 10: sp = 0x24EF148, pc =
>0x401A08
>(d:\kris\PPhead\test\display.exe 1539) frame 11: sp = 0x24EF238, pc = 
0x1000
>63BA
>
>(d:\kris\PPhead\test\display.exe 1539) frame 12: sp = 0x24EFF94, pc =
>0x100063CB
>
>(d:\kris\PPhead\test\display.exe 1539) frame 13: sp = 0x24EFFA0, pc =
>0x45E04D
>(d:\kris\PPhead\test\display.exe 1539) frame 14: sp = 0x24EFFB0, pc =
>0x40103B
>(d:\kris\PPhead\test\display.exe 1539) frame 15: sp = 0x24EFFC0, pc =
>0x77F1B304
>
>(d:\kris\PPhead\test\display.exe 1539) End of stack trace (more stack 
frames
>may
> be present)
>
>I then tried to compile the example programs included in the X11
>distribution. Here I stumbled on the problem that
>a) people tell me I should mount my directories binary (which I did)
>b) the example programs have the PC convention of CR LF, and so 
obviously
>won't compile when on  a binary mount point. (aaarghhh)
>
>So, I tried to compile them when they are not on a binary mount. 
Running
>them gives me the same message about the missing dll (surprisingly 
enough
>even when I link with the static libraries).
>
>Here are  my questions:
>- where/what is the missing dll
>- what's wrong with the static libraries
>- can I find the X11 examples in Unix LF convention ?
>- what is the effect of using Coolview without binary mounts (sorry, I
>didn't find this anywhere, even not on Sergey's homepage, not been 
looking
>hard enough ?).
>
>Thanks,
>
>Kris
>
>-
>For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message 
to
>"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
>

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".