Subject: Compiling X clients with egcs-1.00
From: [email-masked] (Arlindo da Silva)

14 Feb 1998 15:59:16 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

Dear Kris,

--- You wrote:
I try to compile a (very simple) X program on my NT machine. I've got the
cygnus distribution, ecgs-1.00, coolview, and the X11R6.3 (from Orlando da
Silva). The binary X programs run fine, but my own program doesn't. I get 2
possible behaviours:
- When linking with the dynamic link libraries from X11, a dialog box coming
up, saying that it can't find the ll dynamic link library in my path (and
indeed, I don't have any ll.dll anywhere)
- When linking with the static libraries (/usr/X11R6.2/lib/static) an
exception crash with the following dump:
---

  Since I only distributed the static libraries with the B18 version
of the X11R6.3 libs, it appears that you are NOT linking with the
egcs-1.00 version of these libraries. Please take a look at:

     http://dao.gsfc.nasa.gov/software/grads/win32/X11R6.3

and download the egcs-1.00 built X11R6.3 libraries. There is an
incompatibility between B18 and egcs-1.00 built libraries - you cannot link
egcs compiled code with B18 built libraries, either static or dynamic linking
won't work (although ld runs to completion without even a warning).

-- 
Arlindo da Silva    
[email-masked]

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".