Subject: RE: GNU RCS with MinGW32 or CygWin32
From: [email-masked] (Sergey Okhapkin)

14 Feb 1998 02:08:58 -0800
Message-ID: <01BD393E.F641E0B0.cygnus.gnu-win32@sos>
To: "'Earnie Boyd'" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>

Earnie Boyd wrote:
> I've attempted without success, so far, to port bash to Mingw32.  I'm
> real interested in getting this accomplished so maybe we can work
> together.  The main problems are the fork and wait functions.  There are

It's almost impossible to have bash working without fork() call - bash 
relies on this call and makes a lot of job in the forked process. Let me 
point you to (:-) ash - it's a light-weight bourne shell implementation 
(cygwin-compiled executable is only 55K in size) and seems to me a good 
candidate for mingw port - it does a little in a forked process and 
probably may be rewritten to use spawn() calls instead of fork/exec easy 
enough.

--
Sergey Okhapkin, http://www.lexa.ru/sos
Moscow, Russia
Looking for a job

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".