Subject: RE: First version of slang1.0.2 in cygwin format
From: [email-masked]

13 Feb 1998 17:22:30 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked]

>   [email-masked]
>>   [email-masked]
>>I just uploaded slangw321.0.2.tar.gz, the cygwin version of the latest
>>slang1.0.2 library release to the /incoming directory at ftp.deninc.com.
>>
>John has been at it again, and, even though the 1.0.3 version is a big
>step towards cygwin and ming32 support, there are a few problems with
>linking to standard programs like slrn and lynx.  So, I uploaded a
>somewhat more nearly definitive version to deninc.com.
>
Actually, I should change the title of this thread to "The Grinch who
stole Christmas".  It seems that John Davis went out of his way to disable
the use of the cygwin system to configure and make slang.  I quote from the
1.0.2_1.0.3.diffs:

+8. The WIN32 terminal support has been modified to be more consistent with
+   the other platforms.  In particular, mouse button press reporting
+   has been added (SLtt_set_mouse_mode), and bright color support
+   appears to have been fixed.  Note: For MINGW32 and CYGWIN32, use
+   src/mkfiles/makefile.all.  Do not use the Unix configure script
+   because WIN32 is NOT Unix.

How about it, Cygwin developers?  Are you going to take that insult lying
down?  He said that the Cygwin environment is NOT Unix.  After all your
work in making the cygwin.dll Unix compatible.  Tsk, tsk, tsk.

I guess I am just going to have to keep uploading Cygwin versions of John's
latest efforts, all the while undoing his work at muzzling the Cygnus
project.
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".