Subject: RE: pgplot for mingw32/GCC2.8.0
From: [email-masked] (Michael Lemke)

13 Feb 1998 17:22:29 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

In a message of Thu, 12 Feb 1998 18:30:10 +0100
Received on Fri, 13 Feb 1998 14:13:02 MET-1MET DST

William Gacquer <[email-masked]> wrote to [email-masked]

>Was someone able to compile PGPLOT for mingw32/GCC2.8.0 on 
>a windows95 box?

Yes, but with egcs.  Use the Linux version.  

But there is no windows driver.  I am working on one by remodeling
the pgxwin_server model.  But no promise when it will be ready.  I am
absolutely new to the win32 API and work on it only if I feel like it. 
So think of it in terms of weeks or a month or two.  I've got bits and
pieces together but nothing more.

What does work is postscript.  GIF works mostly, seems a simple problem
with writing binary files.  I haven't tracked that down but seems
simple.  I would expect the X11 stuff to work if you have a real X11
distribution.  There is a win32 emulation xlibnt or something like this
(comes with rxvt) but that is insufficient.  For real X11 you will need
a X11 server, though.

Michael

--
Michael Lemke
Sternwarte Bamberg, University of Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany
([email-masked] or [email-masked])
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".