Subject: Public Grinch apology concerning slang/slrn
From: [email-masked]

13 Feb 1998 16:22:30 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked]

After much introspection, contemplation, and, yes, even some criticism
by friends, I've come to the conclusion that I was `over the top' to
call John Davis a `Grinch' and to say that he was behaving territorially
by ignoring my contributions to slw32tty.c and by disabling libslang and
slrn from being used as Unix systems by the cygwin gcc tools for Windows
95/NT.

So, I apologize, John.  You're not a Grinch.

From now on, I'll concentrate on being a Grinch, instead of calling you
one.  For starters, I'll recommend that anyone wanting to use slang/slrn
as Unix systems under Windows 95 run the configure script, then add the
following to sysconf.h:

#undef WIN32
#undef _WIN32
#undef __CYGWIN32__
#undef __MINGW32__

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".