Subject: Making *.a's from *.lib and *.dll & ODBC SDK
From: [email-masked] (K.D.Peckover, B.Sc.M.E.)

13 Feb 1998 13:59:22 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>

Hi there,

I understand how to make *.dll's but I'm still unclear on the following:

1) How do you make *.a libraries that point to system DLL's ?  For 
   example: I have just downloaded the new ODBC SDK from mirosoft and
   I suspect that the libodbc32.a file that came with mwin32 is out of
   date.  I now want to re-reate this file.  What should I be doing?
2) I have a library that came with some source code.  I want to link
   this *.lib file into the re-compiled source code.  What should I do
   to make it work with gnu-win32 tools?  Example: the "QuickTest"
   application has a library called gtrtst32.lib with it.  Do I have to
   convert it to a libgtrtst32.a form somhow ?

Thank-you so much for your help. 
-- 
Kevin D. Peckover, B.Sc.(M.E.)*"Beauty in front of me, Beauty behind me,
                            * Beauty to the left of me, Beauty to the
   [email-masked]     * right of me, Beauty above me, Beauty below
or:[email-masked] * me, ... I'm on the Pollen Path !" - J.C.
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".