Subject: Re: problems with ssh
From: [email-masked] (Magosanyi Arpad)

12 Feb 1998 11:39:04 -0800
Message-ID: <19980212172039.30372.cygnus.gnu-win32@bunuel>
References: <19980210185856.20965@bunuel>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: Michael Hirmke <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

On Wed, Feb 11, 1998 at 09:56:00PM +0100, Michael Hirmke wrote:
> set CYGWIN_TTY=1
works, thanx.

Tested port forwarding, -L works. Good.
My next problem is with the identity files. If I use -i identity, then ssh
tells me that permission denied on this file. I didn't yet take hands of the
new source, but I have a clue: maybe it is something to do with the
braindead O_BINARY option to open?

My other problem is with coolview and cygwin.dll. In order to get everything
working, I am doing the following now:
I have a copy of /gnuwin32/.../bin in /bin, and in bin I have cygwin.dll
bash2.exe (the orig. bash and sh is still bash.exe and sh.exe ) and ps.exe 
from coolview. I have /bin in the path, and no /gnuwin32 stuff.
The shortcut on the desktop uses /gnuwin/.../bin/bash, as the one in /bin
still have the problem "no tty" despite CYGWIN_TTY being 1. I guess it is
due to the fact that the same directory contains the old cygwin.dll. Is
there any way to use only one of it?
bash2 have serious problems sourcing any shell script, including .bashrc,
this is why I don't use that. What to do?
I had very hard times figuring out which cygwin.dll use in which situation.

I will do a .exe using installshield or something like that in the near
future, containing the base cygwin, coolview, and ssh, and maybe other
useful stuff. I need these issues to be sorted out till then.

---
GNU GPL: csak tiszta forrásból
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".