Subject: Cyg-Win32 Installation - Comments on bare installation on NT 4.0 with ResKit somewhere... NO MORE MSDEV!!! 265 Meg DRIVE FREE!
From: [email-masked] (Panther)

12 Feb 1998 02:16:38 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>

b18 was fairly easy with the use of the eradme - cut and paste a couple
environment variables, update your path - remove that F-U king waste of
MSDEV - phweew <wipe brow> No WAY!  I got like 265 free megs!  now...
what about all those other projects- sure would be nice to port them...
now coming from borland command line compiler reduced to 1.4megs
makefiles are really second nature.  now - there's MAN files and INFO
files which I found MAN2HTML.C compiles very well under CYG-WIN32 well -
I guess that UNIX to WIN32 works better.  TEXI2HTML.PL okay - perl.exe
comes with NT - so the fact it is missing in the distribution is okay.
I'm not sure what all the other directories of stuff are really for...
though the h-i386/win32 no wait that's h-i386-win32 / \\\\ / /\ \./
 (shrug).

Any NT programmers there?  well you'll find the Windows32 defniitions of
WNDPROC inadequate - what is wParam?  used to be a handle type /*I guess
- DOS was more betterer than Windows - but windoze was a pretty good
shell for multiple dos windows*/  - but it's a DWORD now... tsk tsk...

but

Recommend perl.exe, info.exe(djgpp has one...), www.semware.com,

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".