Subject: Problems with g77 and GNU-Win32 18b
From: [email-masked] (Marc Saric)

11 Feb 1998 22:35:26 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked]

Hi all,

I´m a quite unexperienced GNU-Win-user, and my main intention is to
compile fortan-code on a Win95 machine (i.e. native Win32-progs).

Unfortunately the compiler fails to produce proper executables from
f77-code (although there are no problems with C).

The following error-message is displayed:

g77 f77-prog.f
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
G77.EXE: Internal compiler error: program ld got fatal signal 1

The programs can be compiles with EMX, a DOS-based fotran-compiler and
with some other compilers on non-Intel-machines (SUN, SGI).

I´m not a programmer, therefore I don´t know what this message means or
if it is a common problem (haven´t had a look at the archive until now).
Seems to be some problem with the linker, but I can´t figure it out.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

-- 

Bye,

Marc Saric

Visit http://www.rat.de/marc_saric/

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".