Subject: Re: Problem with egcs
From: [email-masked] (Mumit Khan)

11 Feb 1998 21:44:12 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

[email-masked] writes:
> Egcs works, I'm not denying that.  But, there is one problem:  If ld.exe
> doesn't find a particular routine in a library, it returns an error number
> which egcs reports.  Under gcc, you get a report of the name of the missing
> routine, which is much more helpful.
> -

Please report these as bugs so we can fix them. Some of these are already
listed in my web page, so that might also be a good place to look for them.

This particular problem is due to a bug in freopen in cygwin32 (which is
used within collect2). Delete (or rename) the ld.exe executable in the
compiler directory and you should get what you expect. 

Mumit
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".