Subject: Re: Help compiling vim
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

11 Feb 1998 21:44:05 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

Your files have the \r\n problem.  Tic opens the files in binary read 
mode and can't handle the \r.

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/                  (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                    (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                   (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                     (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/     (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html           (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/    (Mumit Khan)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
ftp://ftp.deninc.com/pub (Den Internet Services - US mirror and ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)
http://rcw.home.ml.org/                  (Rob Warner - software ports)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/     (more - software portals)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/rpm   (Redhat Package Manager)

SEARCH ENGINES WITH gnu-win32 mail archive RELATED INDICIES:
http://www.findmail.com
http://www.search.com

add gnu-win32 or gnuwin32 to the search criteria.

>Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 09:17:17 +0100
>From: Fabrizio Lodi <[email-masked]>
>Reply-To: [email-masked]
>To: Kevin Schnitzius <[email-masked]>
>CC: [email-masked]
>Subject: Re: Help compiling vim
>
>Kevin Schnitzius wrote:
>> 
>> > -----Original Message-----
>> > From: Fabrizio Lodi [SMTP:[email-masked]]
>> > Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 1998 6:06 AM
>> > To:   [email-masked]
>> > Subject:      Help compiling vim
>> >
>> > I'm compiled vim. It works, ehm, sort of. It scrolls up, but not 
down.
>> >
>> > Yes, I've compiled ncurses myself, and they seems working. Less 
work
>> > well (compiled by me after ncurses).
>> >
>> *       Suggestions? Thanx!
>> 
>> Make sure you install the terminfo database correctly.  Do a 'make
>> install.data' in the ncurses directory.
>
>Ok. So the problem is what I think. But when I tryi to install terminfo
>I get:
>
>bash$ make install.data
>cd misc; make  INSTALL_PREFIX="" install.data
>sh ./run_tic.sh /usr/local/bin . /usr/local/share/terminfo
>** Building terminfo database, please wait...
>** adjusting tabset paths
>"/tmp/1006", line 270, terminal 'unknown': resolution of use=dumb 
failed
>"/tmp/1006", line 774, terminal 'iris-ansi-ap': resolution of
>use=iris-ansi failed
>"/tmp/1006", line 919, terminal 'pcvt25': resolution of use=pcvtXX
>failed
>"/tmp/1006", line 922, terminal 'pcvt28': resolution of use=pcvtXX
>failed
>"/tmp/1006", line 925, terminal 'pcvt35': resolution of use=pcvtXX
>failed
>"/tmp/1006", line 928, terminal 'pcvt40': resolution of use=pcvtXX
>failed
>"/tmp/1006", line 931, terminal 'pcvt43': resolution of use=pcvtXX
>failed
>"/tmp/1006", line 934, terminal 'pcvt50': resolution of use=pcvtXX
>failed
>
>ans so on, until it finish all the terminal names and say that it 
failed
>to install.
>
>What is my mistake?
>-- 
>_______________________________________________________________
>Fabrizio Lodi   | IEEE Computer Society | Hardly working at    |\
>+39-335-6613385 | [email-masked]      | http://www.GLAMM.com |\
>\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
>-
>For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message 
to
>"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
>

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".