Subject: Re: cygwin32-b18, coolview, mingw32...
From: [email-masked] (raf)

11 Feb 1998 21:44:04 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

>Fergus Henderson wrote:
>On 10-Feb-1998, Geoffrey Noer <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Fergus Henderson wrote:
>> [...]
>> > It is very very confusing of them to use "b" in the registry version
>> > numbers, and to make the registry version numbers similar to the
>> > release numbers (much better to start at something completely
>> > different, e.g. 1000).
>> 
>> Yep, I agree completely.  Is it worth invalidating prior mount points
>> just to change the version string though?  I'm not convinced it is.
>> Next time we do need to change the registry in an incompatible way,
>> I will definitely remove the "b" from the registry version string.

>As mentioned in another thread, hopefully the registry handling code
>will soon be changed to use HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE rather than HKEY_CURRENT_USER.
>That might be a good time to make this change.

as i understood it, what was mentioned in that other thread was not
replacing HKEY_CURRENT_USER with HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE but having both
with HKEY_CURRENT_USER overriding or adding to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
that way, not all users have to use the same mounts that their
administrator prefers. although this probably isn't a big issue.

raf

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".