Subject: Re: Help compiling vim
From: [email-masked] (Fabrizio Lodi)

11 Feb 1998 07:55:39 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <000ED2C2552CD111AADE00A0C96CA75B4C3529@MISMAIL2>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: Kevin Schnitzius <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

Kevin Schnitzius wrote:
> 
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Fabrizio Lodi [SMTP:[email-masked]]
> > Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 1998 6:06 AM
> > To:   [email-masked]
> > Subject:      Help compiling vim
> >
> > I'm compiled vim. It works, ehm, sort of. It scrolls up, but not down.
> >
> > Yes, I've compiled ncurses myself, and they seems working. Less work
> > well (compiled by me after ncurses).
> >
> *       Suggestions? Thanx!
> 
> Make sure you install the terminfo database correctly.  Do a 'make
> install.data' in the ncurses directory.

Ok. So the problem is what I think. But when I tryi to install terminfo
I get:

bash$ make install.data
cd misc; make  INSTALL_PREFIX="" install.data
sh ./run_tic.sh /usr/local/bin . /usr/local/share/terminfo
** Building terminfo database, please wait...
** adjusting tabset paths
"/tmp/1006", line 270, terminal 'unknown': resolution of use=dumb failed
"/tmp/1006", line 774, terminal 'iris-ansi-ap': resolution of
use=iris-ansi failed
"/tmp/1006", line 919, terminal 'pcvt25': resolution of use=pcvtXX
failed
"/tmp/1006", line 922, terminal 'pcvt28': resolution of use=pcvtXX
failed
"/tmp/1006", line 925, terminal 'pcvt35': resolution of use=pcvtXX
failed
"/tmp/1006", line 928, terminal 'pcvt40': resolution of use=pcvtXX
failed
"/tmp/1006", line 931, terminal 'pcvt43': resolution of use=pcvtXX
failed
"/tmp/1006", line 934, terminal 'pcvt50': resolution of use=pcvtXX
failed

ans so on, until it finish all the terminal names and say that it failed
to install.

What is my mistake?
-- 
_______________________________________________________________
Fabrizio Lodi   | IEEE Computer Society | Hardly working at    |\
+39-335-6613385 | [email-masked]      | http://www.GLAMM.com |\
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".