Subject: syslog() under NT
From: [email-masked] (Robert Sturrock)

11 Feb 1998 07:52:22 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

I'm trying to port some UNIX-based code to NT using the cygwin32/gcc
system.  The code calls the syslog() routine to do most of its logging.
It compiles fine, but of course when it runs all the logging information
disappears.

The question is, do I need to run a "syslogd" daemon on the NT system?
Or does the cygwin32 API layer for syslog() translate the calls into
some equivalent Windows-based logging facility?

Thanks ...

/r.
--
Robert Sturrock                     _-_|\   E-mail: [email-masked]
Information Technology Services    /     \  Phone:  +61 3 9344 7996
The University of Melbourne        \_.-.*/  Fax:    +61 3 9347 4803
Parkville 3052, AUSTRALIA               v
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".