Subject: Re: Fw: string & mingw32 2.8.0
From: [email-masked] (Mumit Khan)

11 Feb 1998 04:52:14 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
To: "Roland Weiss" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "gnu-win32 Mailing List" <[email-masked]>

Hi Roland,

There was a problem with the C++ support in gcc-2.8.0 that caused this
"multiple defined symbol" problem for template instances. Good news is
that Jan-Jaap has it under control, and it's just a matter of time
before he releases his patched version that fixes this problem. I just
checked gcc-2.8.1 pre-release, and it does have the required fixes. 

For more info on this bug, see my posting in gnu.g++.help (DejaNews
is the place to look if your news server expired it already. See
http://www.dejanews.com/).

Mumit
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".