Subject: problems with ssh
From: [email-masked] (Magosanyi Arpad)

10 Feb 1998 20:03:51 -0800
Message-ID: <19980210185856.20965.cygnus.gnu-win32@bunuel>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked]

Hi!

I am trying to use ssh, but there are some problems I just can't cope with.
I have used the b-18 usertools.exe to create a basic environment. Than I
tar xvzf coolview in /TEMP. And ssh-1.2.21.win.bin.tar.gz in /
I made /etc/passwd and /etc/group with mkpasswd -l and mkgroups -l.
All the below I tried with every settings of PATH, /TEMP, /bin and
/usr/local/bin being in every order, every two of them and every one of
them, /bin beeing symlink once to /gnuwin32/..../bin, a copy in the other
time.
When I tried ssh, it told me that I don't have controlling tty or DISPLAY.
I have tried 3 things:
-the output of 'tty' told me that I'm on /dev/conin so I
mount \\\\.\\con: /dev/conin
mount \\\\.\\con: /dev/conout
mount \\\\.\\con: /dev/console
No way.
-I have tried to set DISPLAY to a nearby X terminal. I have managed to run
ssh-askpass alone, but ssh either didn't find random or getgroups in the
cygwin.dll. Setting LD_PRELOAD to the other instance didn't help. Is there a
DISPLAY setting which actually uses the NT's own display without having to
run an X server on it? I recall I've seen such a libX11 somewhere long ago.
-I have tried to use an identity file. ssh told me that it can't open it,
because permission denied. When I wanted to set the permissions with chown,
they continued to be 755, despite anything I tried.

PLEASE, anyone who could manage to actually use ssh tell me how to do that,
starting with a fresh NT 4.0 workstation or win95.

Thank you in advance.

---
GNU GPL: csak tiszta forrásból
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".