Subject: Re: Using bash as shell for Emacs 19.34.6
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

10 Feb 1998 15:25:01 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

You've got the text!=binary vs. text=binary problem.

1) go read Sergey's page for instructions.

2) go to URL http://www.findmail.com and search for: 
   text binary gnu-win32.

3) read what the search finds.

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/                  (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                    (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                   (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                     (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/     (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html           (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/    (Mumit Khan)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
ftp://ftp.deninc.com/pub (Den Internet Services - US mirror and ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)
http://rcw.home.ml.org/                  (Rob Warner - software ports)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/     (more - software portals)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/rpm   (Redhat Package Manager)

>Date: Sun, 08 Feb 1998 23:25:46 +0100
>From: Lothar Joeckel <[email-masked]>
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: Using bash as shell for Emacs 19.34.6
>
>I'm trying to use the updated bash 2.01 (Sergeys patches) with Emacs
>19.34.6.
>Unfortunally i get only 'command not found' errors back.
>The shell-buffer looks like:
>
>$pwd
>pwd^M command not found
>
>It seems to me that there is something wrong whith the newline/carriage
>return translation.
>Using bash version 1.14.7 works whithout any problem.
>
>I found out that when using another terminal type (i.e. dumb instead of
>emacs) will work.
>But this leeds to a change in 'comint.el'. I don't wanna do this.
>
>Any alternatives?
>
>-
>For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message 
to
>"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
>

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".