Subject: RE: Beta-19 and configurations....
From: [email-masked] (Jason Wu)

10 Feb 1998 09:14:19 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: Jason Wu <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
Cc: "Gnu-Win32 (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>

On Mon, 9 Feb 1998, Ronald Van Iwaarden wrote:

> Hmmm. I thought the install was relatively easy and I an new to WIN32
> (have always used OS/2 and EMX).  The environment variables are relatively
> easy to set once I realized that setting path in the user vars appended it
> to the system path.  I agree that it could probably have a slightly nicer
> install (setting all the evironment vars would make things easier) but
> overall, not bad.

hello out there -

  i just joined this list and in one day was inundated with messages.
boy, i feel loved... :)

  anyhow, the install was pretty problem-free (minus the fact that i did
it at five in the morning and kept on typing in the wrong lines in my
autoexec) but i have some questions - i've downloaded the user-tools
source, and the first thing i noticed was that it didn't expand into the
directory as specified in the readme.  i thought it'd be nice to have it
in src, but i guess something's been changed since the readme was written?

  also, i'm having trouble compiling the user-tools.  when i tried running
configure from the top level of the source code directory, i get this:

../configure: cc: command not found
*** The command 'cc -o conftest    conftest.c' failed.
*** You must set the environment variable CC to a working compiler.

Well, i went through the .in files and changed CC to gcc, but nothing
seems to work.  do i need to add it to the autoexec file?

  another thing:  i don't have tlink32, which seems to be crucial for
compiling some of these tools.  help?

  thanks.

						jason

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".