Subject: RE: shells under mingw [Re: Cygwin32 Newbie (NBY)]
From: [email-masked] (Jason Zions)

9 Feb 1998 21:59:21 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
To: "'Mumit Khan'" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]

> Being kind nor smart is going to make bash run under mingw32 w/out a
> severe rewrite and/or dumbing down. The only reasonable way to do it 
> is to provide a POSIX emulation layer on top Win32 API. But wait!
> That's what cygwin32 (and OpenNT and UWIN and ...) does.
> 
OpenNT is not an emulation layer on top of Win32; it provides a
protected mode NT subsystem that runs as a peer to Win32 and which
provides full POSIX semantics. For more explanation and propaganda, see
http://www.opennt.com.

Jason Zions, Softway Systems
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".