Subject: Re: Building a relocatable DLL - fails
From: [email-masked] (Roger René Kommer)

9 Feb 1998 16:07:01 -0800
Message-ID: <01bd3502$e0cd4e80$LocalHost.cygnus.gnu-win32@ROGKOMUN>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: <[email-masked]>, "Julian" <[email-masked]>

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Julian <[email-masked]>
An: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Datum: Samstag, 7. Februar 1998 13:02
Betreff: Building a relocatable DLL - fails

Hi,
>You published a brief note on how to build a relocatable DLL with
>GNU-WIN32, dating from March 5, 1997. Although the compilation did not
>report any errors, the result "main.exe" which I produce crashes stating
>an "Access Violation" (Core dump) on Windows NT.
>
>When I try to run "main.exe" under Windows 95, I get informed on
>stdout: "Cannot run MAIN.EXE". I used the program exactly as given in
>the document (attached for your convenience), using copy-and-paste. All
>environment variables are set correctly. (I have previously been able to
>compile and run the non-relocatable DLL example.)

 I have similar problems, although at least the sample codes found on the
cygnus WWW-sites
works. I have get compiled and linked some more complex DLL's but I haven't
got any non-trivial
DLL to work. I even tried several VC5/4 and gcc compile/link combinations.

A sample which has following construction would be help:

cygwin.dll (etc.) <- uses - a_dll.dll
cygwin.dll (etc.) <- uses - b_dll.dll
a_dll.dll <- uses - b_dll.dll
cygwin.dll (etc.) <- uses -  a_exe.exe
b_dll.dll <- uses - a_exe.exe

Roger

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".