Subject: RE: Beta-19 and configurations....
From: [email-masked] (Ronald Van Iwaarden)

9 Feb 1998 10:53:43 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: Vassilii Khachaturov <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Gnu-Win32 (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>

On Sat, 7 Feb 1998, Vassilii Khachaturov wrote:

> I personally know of some people (from my work) that were afraid of
> gnuwin32 b18 because of the complicated installation proc. (many env.
> vars and directories to be set up to have an actual possibility to
> compile things mostly out-of-box). They just didn't have time and were
> not sure that they will succeed. One of them even had Linux experience
> -- but just thought that the distribution is too raw after he read the
> readme that comes with cdk.exe.

Hmmm. I thought the install was relatively easy and I an new to WIN32
(have always used OS/2 and EMX).  The environment variables are relatively
easy to set once I realized that setting path in the user vars appended it
to the system path.  I agree that it could probably have a slightly nicer
install (setting all the evironment vars would make things easier) but
overall, not bad.

--Ron
      o           Work to live; \   [email-masked]
     /\            Live to bike; \   http://www-math.cudenver.edu/~rvan
   _`\ `_<===       Bike to work! \  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
__(_)/_(_)___.-._                  \   Note the new addresses!

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".