Subject: Re: Very Newbie
From: [email-masked] (Silas S. Brown)

8 Feb 1998 01:41:03 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]

> I need help setting up the GNU win-32 variables.  How do you do this
>  I don't understand the instructions in the readme.

What the readme missed out is exactly how to set environment 
variables.  The best way of doing this (I'm assuming that you're 
fully sighted) (it's just that I'm not) is to click on Start, go up 
to Settings (fifth option up) and Control Panel.  Then find the 
System icon and double click on it.  In the dialogue box that pops 
up, there is a tag called "Environment", that you should click on.  
Then click anywhere on the "System Variables" list to make sure that 
you are setting system, not user, variables.  After that, type in the 
variable that you need to set in "Variable", the value in "Value", 
and click on Set.  When you have done this last step for each 
variable, click on OK, and close the Control Panel window.

If you do that and have the readme handy at the same time (so you 
know which variables to set), you should be fine.  If you're still 
stuck, let me know - I like having a question I can actually answer 
:-)

Regards

-- Silas S. Brown, http://www.bigfoot.com/~silasbrown/ (free music program etc)

"Do not put your trust in nobles, nor in the sons of earthling man, to whom
 no salvation belongs." - Psalm 146:3

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".