Subject: Newbie questions
From: [email-masked] (Silas S. Brown)

6 Feb 1998 19:23:12 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

I guess that these are really silly questions for the list, but I 
can't find the answers in the FAQ or the archives - maybe somebody 
could put them in the FAQ?

1.  Why don't functions like strlwr() seem to be included?  They're 
in the standard (I think).

2.  Why does mkdir() have a second integer parameter? - I've never 
seen this on any other compiler.

3.  The FAQ says that Cygnus can't re-distribute the Microsoft API 
header files, but that it is building up a set of its own.  I tried 
searching all of the include files for a few functions (like 
midiOutOpen) but couldn't find them.  Is this because the set is 
incomplete?  Is there anywhere where one can download the Microsoft 
header files, and can these then be used?

4.  When I try using Cygnus to write a CGI "script", MS Internet 
Services complains that "The script misbehaved by returning an 
incomplete set of headers".  It seems that it isn't even executing at 
all.  However, when I run it from Command Prompt (with an artificial 
QUERY_STRING), everything is fine.  It also works on other systems.  
Is there any reason why this is happening?

Many thanks

Regards

-- Silas S. Brown, http://www.bigfoot.com/~silasbrown/ (free music program etc)

"Time and unforseen occurance befall them all" - Ecclesiastes 9:11

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".