Subject: Re: Newbie questions (NBY)
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

6 Feb 1998 17:01:47 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

Hi Francois,

Checkout the URL's listed below.  Sergey's coolview is posted updates to 
the cygwin.dll.  It will make the international keyboards would properly 
amoung other things.  Sergey's modifications will be included in the 
next release.  Your patch probably, I'm guessing, didn't work because 
your filesystems are still mounted as text!=binary.  The mail archives 
abound with this subject.  I know the www.search.com has indexed the 
gnu-win32 mail archives.

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/                  (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                    (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                   (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                     (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/     (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html           (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/    (Mumit Khan)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
ftp://ftp.deninc.com/pub (Den Internet Services - US mirror and ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)
http://rcw.home.ml.org/                  (Rob Warner - software ports)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/     (more - software portals)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/rpm   (Redhat Package Manager)

>Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 10:27:10 +0100 (MET)
>From: Francois Felix Ingrand <[email-masked]>
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: Newbie questions
>Reply-To: [email-masked]
>
>
>I am new to this list and just started to use gnu-win32.
>
>I have a bunch of questions already.... I already looked in the 
archive, but it
>is not easy to consult them (what about making a WebGlimpse search on 
the
>archive, hints, hints....)
>
>- I grabbed and installed less. It works fine, exept that it keeps 
complaining
>about the terminal being too stupid... indeed, TERM is currently set to
>dumb... is there any better possible TERM setting?
>
>- is lesstif available in binary format?
>
>- where can I get perl 5 (in binary). I tried 
>http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru/
>but the link between france and russia must be overloaded...
>
>- I use NT CVS 1.9. They distribute their own diff, patch, grep , etc
>utilities. Which one should I use? Last night gnu-win32 patch failed to 
update
>a CVS file, so I am really wondering if I should not use the cvs 
patch...
>
>- is it possible to get bash in a scrollable window? 
>
>- what is coolview suppose to bring me? the web page is not very 
explicit about 
>that. I grabbed it and unpacked it. There are binaries and libraries in
>it. Should they replace the standard gnu-win32 ones?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>--
>			Felix
>-
>For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message 
to
>"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
>

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".