Subject: Linking with gcc-built DLL in MSVC?
From: [email-masked] (Matt Stupple)

6 Feb 1998 16:22:51 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Folks -

Is it possible to link with a gcc-built DLL (eg cygwin.dll in the latest
distribution) when compiling/linking with MSVC?  When I link in
libcygwin.a I get wierd unresolved symbol errors (for symbols whict
*are* defined in cygwin.dll), and I now suspect that I need a
Microsoft-approved .lib file.  I know I can generate such a beast by
building the source distribution with MSVC, but is there a less painful
route through this?

Thanks!

Matt.
-- 
/\/\att Stupple    TIBCO, Gracechurch House, London EC3V OJA
[email-masked]    http://www.tibco.com/   +44(0)171 2956053
"How can you lie there and think of England,
 When you don't even know who's in the team?" -- Billy Bragg
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".