Subject: Re: Newbie question about make
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

6 Feb 1998 10:12:00 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

>Date: Fri, 06 Feb 1998 08:41:50 +0100
>From: Boris Treiger <[email-masked]>
>To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
>Subject: Newbie question about make
>
>Hi there,
>
>I'm a newbie in the wonderful GNU world. I just downloaded and 
installed
>cdk from Cygnus on my NT 4.0 SP3 machine. 
>
>Actually, I'm only interested in GNU make. The reason is that we have a
>really complex UNIX project with huuuuge system of makefiles. We are 
now
>porting it to win32. Looks great, ah? Especially if you look on the 
size
>and number of makefiles and on the combination of awk, sed and perl
>scripts inside of these makefiles!
>
>Well, here is my question. Does make utility works the same way on both
>Windows95 and NT 4.0? Is anybody aware of any peculiarities?

Yes, they work the same way.  Yes, W95 is peculiar.  It will 
occasionally just giveup. Hang. Require a hard re-boot.

I've not had any problems with NT3.5.

>
>Thanks,
>
>Boris 
>-- 
>
>
>___________________________________________________________
>Boris Treiger                             | tel: +32 2 724.86.11
>Sony Platform Software Development Center |      +32 2 724.86.18
>Sint-Stevens-Woluwestraat 55              | fax: +32 2 726.26.86
>B-1130 Brussel - Belgium                  | [email-masked]
>-
>For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message 
to
>"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
>

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/                  (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                    (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                   (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                     (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/     (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html           (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/    (Mumit Khan)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
ftp://ftp.deninc.com/pub (Den Internet Services - US mirror and ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)
http://rcw.home.ml.org/                  (Rob Warner - software ports)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/     (more - software portals)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/rpm   (Redhat Package Manager)

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".