Subject: incremental link does not work with static vars
From: [email-masked] (Alexander Smishlajev)

6 Feb 1998 04:03:50 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="----=_NextPart_000_01BD32E7.0A16C320"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: <[email-masked]>

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_01BD32E7.0A16C320
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=KOI8-R
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

when i try to link incrementally (ld -r) sources with static variables
defined, i get following errors:

MORESUBS.o(.bss+0x400000):bugd.c: multiple definition of `_bss_start__'
SUBS.o(.bss+0x400000):bugb.c: first defined here
MORESUBS.o(.bss+0x400004):bugd.c: multiple definition of `_bss_end__'
SUBS.o(.bss+0x400004):bugb.c: first defined here
make: *** [all] Error 1

ld --version reports: GNU ld cygnus-2.8.1

the source that led to the problem is attached below.

is there any workaround available?

best wishes,
alex.

------=_NextPart_000_01BD32E7.0A16C320
Content-Type: application/octet-stream; name="ld-r_bug.zip"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Description: ld-r_bug.zip (ZIP archive)
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="ld-r_bug.zip"

------=_NextPart_000_01BD32E7.0A16C320--

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".