Subject: Newbie question about make
From: [email-masked] (Boris Treiger)

6 Feb 1998 03:34:31 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>

Hi there,

I'm a newbie in the wonderful GNU world. I just downloaded and installed
cdk from Cygnus on my NT 4.0 SP3 machine. 

Actually, I'm only interested in GNU make. The reason is that we have a
really complex UNIX project with huuuuge system of makefiles. We are now
porting it to win32. Looks great, ah? Especially if you look on the size
and number of makefiles and on the combination of awk, sed and perl
scripts inside of these makefiles!

Well, here is my question. Does make utility works the same way on both
Windows95 and NT 4.0? Is anybody aware of any peculiarities?

Thanks,

Boris 
-- 

___________________________________________________________
Boris Treiger                             | tel: +32 2 724.86.11
Sony Platform Software Development Center |      +32 2 724.86.18
Sint-Stevens-Woluwestraat 55              | fax: +32 2 726.26.86
B-1130 Brussel - Belgium                  | [email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".