Subject: a.exe works only if stripped (newbie question)
From: [email-masked] (John Gerard Malecki)

5 Feb 1998 22:17:44 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

I'm new to GNU-Win32, Windows-NT and PCs in general.  I have ported
Matthias Blume's scheme interpreter VSCM to the most recent version of
GNU-Win32.  The executable runs only after it is stripped.  For
example,

	bash.exe-2.01$ ./scheme.exe
	bash.exe: ./scheme.exe: Not owner
	bash.exe-2.01$ strip ./scheme.exe
	bash.exe-2.01$ ./scheme.exe
	Welcome to VSCM (V0r4)
	>

It does not seem to matter whether I use basic b18 or I enhance it
with coolview.  It does not matter whether it was compiled with -g or
-O.  So far it works well but if a bug does crop up it sure would be
nice to run gdb on the executable.

Any comments?
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".