Subject: accept() blocks
From: [email-masked] (Marco Kiko Carnut)

5 Feb 1998 02:05:11 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked]

Hi folks,

Sorry if this is a newbie question, but my problem is this.
I'm trying to compile a mud server (lpmud 3.1.2 -- I know there's
a newer version but my mudlib requires this version) under
cygwin+coolview. After some minor hacking it compiled fine, but
when I telnet to it, it prints the opening messages but does
nothing when I send commands. I traced the problem and found
that accept() is blocking even when the socket was marked as
nonblocking, preventing the mainloop from iterating. Is this a
cygwin's known limitation or bug? Is there any workaround?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Abraços,
--Kiko.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".