Subject: Re: Alternate Mixed Case scheme?
From: [email-masked]

4 Feb 1998 23:57:54 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]

Hi Sam, you wrote:

: >This isn't perfect for everyone, but I don't think any solution would work
: >except perhaps to create an NT file system that supports mixed case.  :-)
: 
: 
: Ho ho!  And this would break a lot of NT software you can be sure!

IIRC, there's some POSIX mode open flag for excact case match and also
real hardlinks. Maybe it's only available using the POSIX subsystem,
but I think at least OpenNT can do it.
MS has forgotten real softlinks and gave us those nasty shortcuts instead,
when in reality the NT kernel structures have symlinks, e.g. A: to
\\DOSdevices\A or something like that...

Bye, Heribert ([email-masked])
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".