Subject: last few Q's: services daemons cron
From: [email-masked] (Jon Byron Davis)

4 Feb 1998 14:54:59 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: gnuwin32 <[email-masked]>

a) Is it preferred to start daemons as services? (BTW: I have only 
   a hazy idea as to what exactly a service IS under NT)
   I assume that this is what I want to do, as I'd prefer not to 
   have to stay logged into a bash all the time.  Can I just tell 
   the NT service manager to start *netd on startup?  Or am I gonna
   have to use that srvany.exe utility I keep hearing about?

b) Has anyone ported cron/crond?  I can't seem to figure out at.

c) Where is /dev/ ?  I made a directory and touched /dev/null just 
   so I could > stuff to /dev/null, but what about all of the ttys
   and so on?  

Whew!  I apologize if any of my questions have been gone over before.
I appreciate any help you all might be able to offer!

Thanks,

Byron
[email-masked]
-- 
Jon Byron Davis                                        617.629.4194
88 Concord Ave. #2                                  [email-masked]
Somerville, MA 02143                           [email-masked]

"We saw shadows of the morning light -- shadows of the evening sun"
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".