Subject: Re: SCSI devices?
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

4 Feb 1998 06:00:19 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

According to what I've seen and read, you will need to modify the cpio 
to use the api calls of the device driver (or write the device driver 
yourself) for the tape drive.  This is somehow related to the "protected 
mode" of win32.  That is all I know.

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/           (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                   (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                   (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/    (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html        (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/ (Mumit Khan)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
ftp://ftp.deninc.com/pub (Den Internet Services - US mirror and ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)

>Date: Tue, 03 Feb 1998 20:13:20 -0700
>From: Jeff Wolkove <[email-masked]>
>To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
>Subject: SCSI devices?
>
>I couldn't find an answer on this in the archives, and
>I posted once before and never had any replies, but I'll
>try again.
>
>I have compiled a version of cpio with gnuwin32  and it
>does not access my SCSI tape drive. Does anyone know what
>settings may be required in order to access a SCSI tape
>drive with cpio under Win95?
>
>Thanks
>Jeff Wolkove
>-
>For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message 
to
>"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
>

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".