Subject: Alt-gr $ problem with national keyboard (danish)
From: [email-masked] (pto Peter Aundal Toft)

4 Feb 1998 05:23:47 -0800
Message-ID: <c=DK%a=_%p=DMI-lyngby%l=[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>

Hi there

I have installed the Cygwin programs - GREAT - but I have a nasty
problem.
Several of the characters $,\ and ~ I can only get by pressing the
ALT-GR
and 4 (for $). Likewise of the others. However I can not get my ALT-GR
to work in the bash - even if I do an export TERM=linux (and have
/etc/termcap). This is due to the danish national keyboard that I have.

This is a major bummer for me as you will understand.

Any clues, please also reply directly to me.

Best Regards

_______________________________________________________________
Peter Toft, Ph.D. 
Danish Maritime Institute		Tel	+45 4587 9325
Hjortekærsvej 99			Fax	+45 4587 9333
DK - 2800 Lyngby			[email-masked]
Denmark				http://www.danmar.dk

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".