Subject: Re: cygwin32-b18, coolview, mingw32... (NBY)
From: [email-masked] (Geoffrey Noer)

3 Feb 1998 23:05:41 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text
To: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]

Earnie Boyd wrote:
> 
> >Are there any plans to backport to cygwin32 any of the changes made to
> >coolview and mingw32?
> 
> Coolview = yes.  Mingw32 = ?? (most likely no); however, it has been 
> mentioned that Cygnus plans to provide building executables that don't 
> require the cygwin.dll

Coolview is a Sept/Oct? version of the actual Cygnus Cygwin32 sources.
So no merging is required.  :-)  Beta 19 will contain all the patches
present in Coolview, plus a whole lot of other work.  Now that the
recent rewrite of the Cygwin32 signal handling layer is complete,
beta 19 shouldn't be too much longer now...

Mingw has been integrated into our sources but we still have to make
further modifications to gcc before it will be possible to choose
between Cygwin32 and Mingw with a command line switch.  So this
probably won't make it into b19.

-- 
Geoffrey Noer
[email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".