Subject: Re: cygwin32-b18, coolview, mingw32...
From: [email-masked] (Fergus Henderson)

3 Feb 1998 22:24:24 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: Samuel James Liddicott <[email-masked]>
Cc: Christopher Seawood <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]

On 03-Feb-1998, Samuel James Liddicott <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> One of the nested registry keys is "b15" not "b18".  I wonder why?  I never
> used b15 at all!

The version numbers in the registry bear no direct relation to the
Cygwin release numbers.  The registery version number is incremented
every time they make a change which breaks backwards binary compatibility,
whereas the release number is incremented every release.

It is very very confusing of them to use "b" in the registry version
numbers, and to make the registry version numbers similar to the
release numbers (much better to start at something completely
different, e.g. 1000).

-- 
Fergus Henderson <[email-masked]>   |  "I have always known that the pursuit
WWW: <http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~fjh>   |  of excellence is a lethal habit"
PGP: finger [email-masked]         |     -- the last words of T. S. Garp.
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".