Subject: linking cygwin against non-cygwin
From: [email-masked] (Tim Newsham)

3 Feb 1998 15:03:37 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Hi,

    I am looking to have a gui developed for some cygwin compiled
code I am using.  I am curious as to the approach others have taken
here.  I see a number of possible ways it could work.  Which of these
are actually practical?

   - Compile non-cygwin gui code with cygwin's gcc and libraries
     to form a cygwin binary.  This may involve some changes to
     include directives, some tweaking of headers and libs.

   - Compile parts with cygwin and parts with non-cygwin tools
     and link them together.

   - Compile everything with non-cygwin tools and link against
     cygwin libraries and/or dlls.

There's also the possibility of using some gui code that is
already written for cygwin (like tk), but we probably won't be
taking that approach.  If anyone has found a gui package for cygwin
that they find extraordinarily good, I would be interested in
hearing about it though.

                                      Tim N.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".