Subject: Re: Initialising gnuwin DLLs
From: [email-masked] (Matthew Brett)

3 Feb 1998 10:26:50 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

Dear Mikey,

"struct _reent for each dll needs to be initialized from
main() before any calls to dll funcs that use the
std file handles, see the perl5 patch for details."

Thanks for this reply.  Does this mean that for any program
to use a gnuwin generated DLL, main() needs to know that it is
a gnuwin DLL and initialise struct _reent?  This would mean 
that you could not use gnuwin DLLs with code that did not
know about _reent, I guess.  Could you not can you not 
intialise _reent from the DLL code - e.g in the
PROCESS_ATTACH routine - to initialise the Cygwin DLL from
our new DLL?

Does anyone have some skeletal code that does this?

Thanks again,

Matthew 

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".