Subject: Re: (NBY) "execution failed" frequently while running shell scripts
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

3 Feb 1998 05:52:53 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

It sounds to me as if you've got text=binary with \r\n line endings 
woes.  The mail archives abound with verbage on this one.  What do your 
mounted filesystems look like?  How did you unpack the archive?

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/           (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                   (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                   (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/    (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html        (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/ (Mumit Khan)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
ftp://ftp.deninc.com/pub (Den Internet Services - US mirror and ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)

>Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 19:00:21 +0100 (CET)
>From: Stephan Niemz <[email-masked]>
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: "execution failed" frequently while running shell scripts
>
>-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
>
>    I've just installed gnu-win32 B18 on a German NT4.0, read the FAQ 
and
>everything, and am now trying to compile and install GNU autoconf.
>
>    When running ./configure, NT pops up a message box saying "Die
>Anwendung konnte nicht korrekt initialisiert werden (0xc0000043)." 
>("Can't initialize the program correctly" or something like that.) 
>
>    This never happens at the same place twice, sometimes the 
DOS-window
>or that popup-window shows "grep ..." in the title, sometimes sed, sh,
>gawk, tr, whatever.  When trying to continue, the configure script 
almost
>always writes zero-length Makefile(s), and it always says "not updating
>unwritable cache ./config.cache".  But that file exists and has a zero
>length. 
>
>    I've tried to configure perl before, and experienced the same
>problems.
>
>Am I missing something?  Could anybody help me what's going wrong here?
>
>Regards,
>
>    - Stephan.
>
>...................................................................
>  Stephan Niemz // Computec GmbH Software // Karlsruhe // Germany
>   PGP: http://www.computec.com/~stephan/pgp.txt // ID: 172BDC79
>   fingerprint: C8 2E 6E 21 67 12 0C 9D  8F A7 F1 AC BC 55 01 D5
>
>-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
>Version: 2.6.3ia
>Charset: latin1
>Comment: For infos on this see http://www.pgpi.com/
>
>iQCVAwUBNNYJu6aRpHsXK9x5AQGU5QQApSAZdhg4/MjZHx6gN9n7VXs2SNxjc02e
>t89nKsqW2NjpXS7YYnCjicMLEA0UZCIi6YgkXkq779+CaXUpvE4LHXvIClWiQzin
>mtvcJeQEcpYyryVcKH9BdFLDldnEoie0R0NZXCj/yF1iqr1NURTTgvxN0eeN/+Jz
>5VHB0bbjfyI=
>=ys93
>-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
>
>-
>For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message 
to
>"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
>

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".