Subject: cygwin32-b18, coolview, mingw32...
From: [email-masked] (Christopher Seawood)

2 Feb 1998 23:07:19 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: Christopher Seawood <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]

I went to the archives and read the threads on "text=binary" but I
didn't see any sort of closure on the issue.  It seems as though a number
of apps (http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru/) are using the coolview branch.
Then I saw mingw32.  Several of us have questions that we hoped could be
answered.

Are there any plans to backport to cygwin32 any of the changes made to
coolview and mingw32?

Are any of these versions compatible with any of the others? 
(Actually, I know that cygwin32 & coolview are not).

Does the text=binary issue affect non-cygwin32 apps?  Will I all of a
sudden have problems with jdk, wordpad or Eudora because I changed my c:
mount point to use text=binary?

What is the registry entry to change text=binary instead of using a sh
script?

Regards,
Christopher
-----
Software Engineer / Unix Sysadmin / Linux Advocate / Prince Fanatic
http://people.qualcomm.com/cseawood/  
My opinions are my own and not those of my employer.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".