Subject: Re: /etc/profile ignored; other strangeness
From: [email-masked] (Samuel James Liddicott)

2 Feb 1998 14:50:24 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Date: 01 February 1998 04:04
Subject: Re: /etc/profile ignored; other strangeness

>I've been complaining about copy and paste operations into cygwin text
>windows, but now I know the truth:  It's a Microsoft problem, not a
>cygnus problem.  If you don't believe me, try to paste something into
>the Dos text window of the ftp.exe that comes with Windows 95. It doesn't
>work.  (Like, copy a file name and paste the file name into a `get '
>command.)

Have you tried getting a true dos prompt, and running bash from there?
Maybe it needs to talk to command.com....

Sam Liddicott                   |   Nothing I say is to be attributed as |
Campbell Scientific Ltd.        | a company statement or representation. |
Campbell Park, 80 Hathern Road, *----------------------------------------+
Shepshed, Leic. United Kingdom. LE12 9AL        Phone: +44 (0) 1509 601141
Email: [email-masked]                    Fax:   +44 (0) 1509 601091

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".