Subject: "execution failed" frequently while running shell scripts
From: [email-masked] (Stephan Niemz)

2 Feb 1998 14:50:02 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

    I've just installed gnu-win32 B18 on a German NT4.0, read the FAQ and
everything, and am now trying to compile and install GNU autoconf.

    When running ./configure, NT pops up a message box saying "Die
Anwendung konnte nicht korrekt initialisiert werden (0xc0000043)." 
("Can't initialize the program correctly" or something like that.) 

    This never happens at the same place twice, sometimes the DOS-window
or that popup-window shows "grep ..." in the title, sometimes sed, sh,
gawk, tr, whatever.  When trying to continue, the configure script almost
always writes zero-length Makefile(s), and it always says "not updating
unwritable cache ./config.cache".  But that file exists and has a zero
length. 

    I've tried to configure perl before, and experienced the same
problems.

Am I missing something?  Could anybody help me what's going wrong here?

Regards,

    - Stephan.

....................................................................
  Stephan Niemz // Computec GmbH Software // Karlsruhe // Germany
   PGP: http://www.computec.com/~stephan/pgp.txt // ID: 172BDC79
   fingerprint: C8 2E 6E 21 67 12 0C 9D  8F A7 F1 AC BC 55 01 D5

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".