Subject: Re: Winsock networking etc..
From: [email-masked] (Colin Peters)

1 Feb 1998 22:51:36 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: "Colin Peters" <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "jman" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "GNU-Win32" <[email-masked]>

From: jman <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Date: Sunday, February 01, 1998 9:12 PM
Subject: Winsock networking etc..

>  Has anyone got winsock or winsock2 or any network headers/libs
>working for http://agnes.dida.physik.uni-essen.de/~janjaap/mingw32/
>or am I just out of luck. Even basic winsock1.1 apps fail with the
>mingw32 tho I can compile them fine with lcc an the full Cygnus
>distribution. I want to use mingw32 but that is holding me back an I'm
>not good enough to work it in :( wish I was...

I'm not using that release, and it took a bit of fooling around, but I
have managed to make a simple WinSock application under Mingw32 with EGCS
1.0. Actually, doing this allowed me to discover a mistake or two in my
Win32 API snapshot, which I will try to get up on my web site in the near
future.

NOTE: I'm using my version of the GNU Win32 API headers (from 0.1.2), but
the Winsock part of these is only a little modified from the originals. A
description of the actual problems you are having might help.

Colin.

-- Colin Peters -- colin at fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp
-- Saga University Dept. of Information Science
-- http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin
-- http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Towers/6162

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".