Subject: Re: /etc/profile ignored; other strangeness
From: [email-masked] (Wade @ Home)

1 Feb 1998 16:35:49 -0800
Message-ID: <00a401bd2f6e$3c964130$4df5aecc.cygnus.gnu-win32@hotchoc>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>

From: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Date: Saturday, January 31, 1998 23:23
Subject: Re: /etc/profile ignored; other strangeness

>I've been complaining about copy and paste operations into cygwin text
>windows, but now I know the truth:  It's a Microsoft problem, not a
>cygnus problem.  If you don't believe me, try to paste something into
>the Dos text window of the ftp.exe that comes with Windows 95. It doesn't
>work.  (Like, copy a file name and paste the file name into a `get '
>command.)

To paste into a DOS command window, you need to change the default
properties for the console.  From the "misc" page on the "properties" sheet
for the DOS prompt, uncheck "allow fast pasting".

I don't know what exactly "fast pasting" is.  I suspect that they decided
to speed up pasting from the clipboard by simply making it not work (don't
even try is much faster than most approaches).

           --- Wade
----------
Wade Richards    -= mailto:[email-masked] =-
"Never attribute to malice what can adequately be explained by stupidity."

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".