Subject: Re: What's the best (easiest) way to view man pages?
From: [email-masked] (Immanuel Litzroth)

1 Feb 1998 13:56:23 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]

>I have a package I need to use for school that has all its documentation
in
>man pages. The tools compile and run under CygWin, but I need to view the
>documentation. There is no man viewer in CygWin, at least none that I can
>get to work. Is there any way to view these pages other than a text
editor,
>(it's almost impossible to read them that way). The groff package was
>supposed to contain a man implementation, but alas there was none.
>Suggestions?
>I would think man would be a high priority for CygWin. Emacs and vi be
>damned--we already have more text editors than we can handle under Win32.
We
>need a man page viewer.
 Emacs has a package that will read groff man files called woman.el. It
works quite nicely.
 But as you so elegantly put it:
 "Emacs makes no sense to me at all. Too many modifier keys. You have to
memorize long
sequences of meaningless keystrokes to perform the simplest operations."I
doubt you will find this good advice. Thanks for sharing your opinion on
editors though.
Immanuel Litzroth

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".