Subject: Re: emacs-like editor
From: [email-masked] (Tim Fisher)

31 Jan 1998 18:43:53 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "Geoffrey Prewett" <[email-masked]>,
        <[email-masked]>

Well I think you've discovered the answer right there. Indeed the last time
I tried to get vi to work on NT was the version Microsoft made available in
NT 3.51. I spent weeks trying to get that dog to run, but to no avail, never
did work. Ever since then I have just assumed that vi would never work on
NT. It's been awhile, so I'm thinking it might be worth it to waste some
more time trying to get it to work now. Hmm...

--Tim Fisher

>> However, since I don't have vi available to me in NT, I use PFE instead.
>
>There are several ports of VI to NT.  Microsoft included one with the NT
3.51
>Resource Kit, although I hear that it takes some mucking around to get it
to
>work...  There appears to be a port at http://www.cyber.com/downloads/
>but I haven't tested it.  I did find a port of VIM somewhere that I'm
currently
>using.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".